Writing articles is just not enough when your aim is to get higher ranks on the search engine. You need to know the tricks to perform better on searches. Since these are some important things that should be known after starting a blog and if take care gives best optimum results.
SEO friendly posts contribute to the optimization of your website. This is one of the prime reasons why most businesses and organizations go for article marketing, exploiting its potential to get higher ranks on Google.
Killer tips to make your blog posts SEO friendly:
A well written article will never let you down when it comes to your blog SEO. Its the basic requirement for SEO optimization.
Below are some actionable tips to make your posts SEO friendly (and reader friendly too ).
It is very important to decide a topic you want to write on. Remember, the only reason people read your articles is because they expect new and unique information from your blog. Select a topic that would be informative as well as interesting to read.
Your content should be original if you are looking for a better ranking on Google. Do not just copy and paste articles on your blog. This will not only destroy your reputation but also will hurt your ranking on Google.
Title reflects what your article is all about and this is the most important aspect to consider for SEO. Be sure to choose a suitable title for your article. Here are some tips you should keep in mind before deciding a title for your blog post.
- Make sure the title is not more than 5-7 words and 65 characters.
- Use words or phrases that you think readers will use the most to search for information relevant to your article. For example: An article about SEO may have titles like “SEO Tips” or “Tips for SEO“.
- Use the primary keyword in your title. That is, if your article is about SEO, your title should have the word SEO in it. However, do not overdo it. Do not repeat the keyword more than once in the title.
- Keep the title original and crisp.
- Avoid using special characters in your title
Your content should have a description, summarizing the content. This attracts readers to your article.
The following tips can help you write appropriate descriptions for your articles:
- Make sure that the description is relevant and interesting enough to invite visitors to read.
- Description should not be more than three to four sentences and should have the primary keyword in it.
- You can pick up sentences of your article in the description.
- Does not include the company name or personal information in the course of the description and do not add the title in it.
- Avoid using “all caps” or “special characters” in the description section.
Content is the king:
Well, nothing can better work than having original content for your blog. Also, try to write articles that will be of some use to your readers.
If it is an informative article, keep the word limit to 500 to 600. write long articles is meaningless because users tend to have little patience to read a lot. Short and crisp write-up is way to go.
Studies suggest that Internet users have small attention span.
Try to keep your write-up lucid and simple. Avoid using bombastic long and complicated sentences. Use the keywords in your articles at least 3 to 4 times.
By submitting articles to directories, you can put external links of the radiation to direct readers to your website. However, make sure you do not put more than one or two links in a single article.
As for the display in your business blog or personal blog is concerned, there is no need to post links separately.
Sharing and Polls:
Polls and voting are a great way to popularize your article among readers. The reason behind this, users like to express and share their preferences with others. And your post will be the platform for them to do so.
Also sharing in social platform helps a lot and dealing with the comments that is the response is also a talent that must be enhanced to get better results.
Images and videos:
Images and videos are a great way to bring your product to honor. Images and videos must be relevant and add some value to the article.
Last but not least, what you write, be sure to read it before it goes LIVE on your blog. Make sure there are no grammatical errors or spelling mistakes.
Here are a list of tools and how to use them for free. Online Free Proof reading Software