1. First of all since BloggerHere is a new blog so it will not be worth asking what you have to say about bloggerhere.com but I guess what you have to say about the concept behind bloggerhere? If you would read about page it will take a couple of time to answer this question, over here.
Hi Apoorv, first off thanks for this kind intro of me. It’s an honor to be here, talking about myself. I read your about page. It’s a great initiative and I am glad my experiences can help someone somewhere. Most bloggers start without any help. I have gone through this so I respect your efforts.
2. A general question about your first involvement in blogging and strengths and weaknesses being a blogger?
My involvement in blogging is rather a awesome co-incidence. What started as a Google search for “earning money for writing online” ended up with me having a blog for myself? It has helped me a LOT since then and I have never looked back. Today, most of my clients come from my blog’s hire me page and I love the way bloggers like Harleena Singh and Atish Ranjan have helped me in this.
On my strengths, I would say the ability to observe the trends online and learning quickly from them is a good quality. (Am I boasting, yes we should appreciate ourselves.)
On weaknesses, I am really sad that I never learned HTML or CSS. I think if I knew a bit of them could bid good bye to many plugins I use. I wouldsay everyone should learn a little bit of coding. It’s very useful when doing little tweaks on your blog’s design too.
3. Which job you would have taken instead of blogging? I guess blogging is your only profession?
Had I not been blogging, I might have been a Quality controller in some pharma companies. Yes, for nowblogging is my full time profession. I am earning much better in fact three times my salary as a pharma officer.
4. What would you like to tell our readers about your success as a blogger and your general blogging strategies?
Apoorv, this question is very relative. What might be the end for one might be the starting point for someone else. I would never say I am already successful rather I have a long way to go now.
On blogging strategies, you should check out this post of mine.
5. Being a blogger, a writer what would you prioritize more and accordingly? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Haha nice question. I would say all three are correlated and equally important. I don’t see one stand without the support of the other two.
But when it comes to choosing, I would choose my readers over anything else. If I am up blogging at 4 am it’s for my readers and not for any lifeless bot of a search engine.
When you write for readers, you will automatically write good content, that solves their problem and when you write good content bots will love it too. SEO is something I surely do but after writing good content or along with it. And traffic is sure to follow now.
6. Since new blogger like me always looks blogging as money maker but I genuinely haven’t made a penny out of blogs what message would you like to give about blogging as a money making factor and how can we actually make money.
See, if you think blogging as a cash generator machine, better go back and look for a job. I would say you cannot earn anything unless you have credibility online.
It usually takes 8-10 months of sincere dedication before a blog shows up as a potent source of monetization. I am not talking of short term event blogging. Which is good nut won’t help you in building up an authority online.
For monetization, you have to build a strategy, what is it you want to sell your visitors to. Do you have a product to sell (like eBooks), or you want to provide services to your readers (like web design or content writing, or you are happy with your audiences with the money generated by showing ads to your visitors. Either way you need to be very particular on what you want. After a while, when you gain online trust, people will come searching or your products and services.
7. What are the daily tools you use to manage your social media presence?
Social media is my live wire and it infact should be the same for others like me. I use social media for connecting with peers and influencers, getting clients and building a brand for myself. I don’t use too may tools but I would say my life would be a mess without the following.
1) My Android: It has all the apps for social media. I would advise everyone to do social media through smartphones as it is easy and will be faster. Moreover you can utilize free time like sitting in the car, waiting for someone etc. to update and connect and the rest time can be used for writing content.
2) Pocket: Helps me store every interesting article I see online to be read offline and then I use IFTTT to send interesting posts from there to twitter.
4) Viralcontentbuzz: – sharing of content
5) Triberr: – connecting with influencers
6) Instagram: –for branding.
8. What are your blogging plans for year 2015 ?
For 2015, I have thought to be more dedicated than even before. I want to learn a bit of coding this year for sure.
Well that’s sounds great Coding since most of the blogger having many blogs including be don’t know the very first rule of coding. Must say a nice resolution.
9. What is the new secret of 2015 SEO and Blogging some tips about seo that could be used in 2015 by us and new bloggers?
Well, I am not a SEO kinda guy, but I would say 2015 is really a significant year in terms of SEO.
1) With the release of Google penalties and Google bots becoming more human-like, I would say don’t go forover optimization and link buildings. PBNs are nearly dead. That doesn’t mean link-building is dead but do it legitimately.
2) Build internal links, this is too much important. Internal linking can blow life to those posts that are rarely opened now.
3) Don’t put all your eggs in the Google basket, submit your site to other search engines as well and please write content that is worthy. Content will only decide the readership of your blog.
4) Use Google plus for sure. In a common example, when we search for something in Google, 2 out of the 10 results in the search page are the updates shared by people in your friend circle.
5) Using content marketing techniques like podcasts can help you increase your reach.
6) Google now clearly states if your site is mobile friendly so be aware to use a responsive theme.
10. Any failure you came across while blogging or during blogging?
Thankfully I have not seen much of a so called failure from blogging.
11. As a blogger we need to be a part of blogosphere so which are amongst your favorite blogs and why?
I read a lot many blogs, lots of them actually. But my favorite blogs are www.aha-now.com, www.techtricksworld.com, Quick sprout blog, Problogger, Matthew Woodwards blog, Backlinko, bloggingwizard and many others like the coschedule blog, Buffer blog, Postplanner blog, etc.
12. Some of the blogger you look up get inspiration to work hard?
For inspirations, I look up to Harleena Singh, Brian dean, Kevanlee , Atish Ranjan and Kristi Hines.
13. Some of the advice/tips for the bloggers on how to be a good blogger?
From what I have learnt, I would advise your readers to:
1) Write better, well explained and yet posts that provide value to the readers.
2) Do learn a bit of coding and SEO.
3) Be active in social media for building the right connections.
4) Share your posts like they are your last posts.
5) Be consistent and stick to a niche.
Thanks a lot Apoorv for this chat with me. I really loved being your guest here.
Your welcome Swadhin It was a great time to talk and discuss with you.
Over to You
So dear blogger here hope you enjoyed reading this interview and got to learn many things overall about Blogging, Seo, and got to know some important things about blogging. In case you’re struck with blogging or want to get inspired on blogging better. Swadhin is very helpful you can connect with him on twitter G+ orfb and you can simply ask your doubts here through our comment section. Moreover he has left a free gift for you to re-kindle your blogging charm. It’s a huge list of 40+ ways to keep blogging. It’s up for a limited time so be sure to grab it here.